After the dot-com crash of the 2000s, I transitioned from IT administration to technical writing. Then I added copywriting to the skill set, while working with a Silicon Valley consultancy and freelance clients.
Hundreds of clients & thousands of webpages later, I’ve ironed out how to deliver serious content value in almost any business environment.
Three things my clients always get:
A. Clear, punctual writing. No fluff or nonsense.
B. Deliverables on time. When I agree to a deadline, it’s set in (digital) stone.
C. A customer advocate who keeps all content (and all discussions) targeted on engagement.
CONTENT SPECIALTIES, ORGANIZED BY BUYER’S JOURNEY STAGE
Content Strategy [Preliminary]
- Content Strategy Framework—I help you build and stick to a content marketing plan. So you beat out all the competitors who don’t have a plan.
- Buyer Personas
- Email Workflows
- Audience Targeting
- Social Media Strategy
Stage 1: Awareness
- Blog Posts—Created & maintained high-traffic niche blogs since 2011.
- White Papers—As lead magnets or authority pieces, white papers are tough to beat.
- Webpages—High-Quality content using language & voice already familiar to your customers.
- Digital Ads
- Educational Content—Stronger content in a SaaS knowledge base cut support questions/tickets by 50%.
Stage 2: Interest
- Solution Pages
- Product/Service Pitch Decks
- Solution Emails
- Reference Guides—One of my favorite ’technical content’ items to create.
- Email Newsletters—My newsletters have pulled in up to 65% open rates!
Stage 3: Consideration
- Case Studies—One of my favorite ways to tell a business story! I’m particularly good at translating technical successes into reader-engaging stories.
- Data Sheets
Stage 4: Decision
- Product/Service Literature
- Documentation—I’ve documented everything from cloud server setup procedures to defense technology maintenance.
- Demo Material
- Training Material
- Special Offer Emails
- Renewal Notices
- Analytics-Based Revisions for Buyer Personas & Audience Targeting
- Social Media Engagement
MY CONTENT PRODUCTION PROCESS
What’s it like working with a freelance content manager/writer?
- Examine. Your current material, goals, audience. Client’s point of contact designated here.
- Proposal. Strategize on the content’s approach, its calls to action, and its next steps.
- Knowledge-Gathering. Collect information from subject matter experts. Done remotely, at minimal time use for the SMEs.
- Outline. First deliverable is an outline of the proposed content. Approval requested from my point of contact.
- Generate. Create the initial draft using outline & SME input.
- Revise. Submit initial draft to point of contact and SMEs. Collect feedback. Revise content to meet these goals.
- Populate. Following approval, publish/schedule on your CMS/ESP/marketing platform.
- Iterate. Schedule content updates in future intervals.
- BONUS: Promote. Create social media & promotional copy to help your team promote the new content.
I bill by the project. Please contact me to receive a rate estimate (no spam, honest).
Payment accepted via PayPal or invoicing. I also accept crypto if you’re forward-thinking! (Crypto options include Ethereum, Stellar Lumens, Cardano, Algorand, Litecoin, and Bitcoin.)
INTERESTS/CLIENT TYPES SOUGHT
I enjoy working in the fields of energy production/storage, biotech, crypto/DeFi, and material handling. I already have experience writing for technology, industrial equipment, and healthcare. Not as much with energy production/storage or crypto…at least not yet. If that’s your field, please, get in touch!